Under the heat of summer, the air pollution, poor hair caring and changes in hairstyles, your hair will become susceptible to dryness. Just like the human body, the hair needs to be cared regularly. Thus, it is essential to find out an effective method that can nourish and hydrate the hair to make it shiny and healthy while mask for hair is considered as a traditional method. Here are 5 homemade hydrating hair mask recipes which are proven to be helpful in repairing and hydrating the hair you should notice.
Natural Homemade Hydrating Hair Mask Recipes
1. Homemade Avocado Hair Mask
Avocados have been used in beauty treatments for ages due to its moisturizing and nourishing properties. This homemade avocado hair mask is highly recommended to those who have dry hair because avocado contains a great source of hydrating properties. Thus, your hair will be prevented from breakage, split ends and climate change.
How to Make Avocado Hair Mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup of unsweetened milk
- 1 taut oiblespoon of olive oil or coconl
- Mash the avocado flesh until you get smoothie in a bowl.
- Add the milk and oil then mix well.
- Apply directly this pack to your hair, from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap and leave it on for at least 20 minutes. You can relax in a bubble bath while waiting.
- Wash off your hair with lukewarm water and use your fingers to remove all the avocado remains.
2. Homemade Yogurt Hair Mask
Yogurt contains a good source of properties for dry hair such as anti-oxidants, vitamins, protein and calcium. Hydrating properties in yogurt can help to control oily and greasy hair by rinsing off excess oil in the scalp. For good, you can combine this recipe with other home ingredients such as honey, bananas or coconut oil.
How to Make Yogurt Hair Mask
- ½ cup of plain yogurt (remember to buy probiotic natural yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix well the yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Spread the mixture to the scalp and from the roots to the very ends of your hair.
- Let it stay on for about 20 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- Rinse again with organic fruit shampoo to remove the lingering yogurt smell.
3. Homemade Egg Hair Mask
Egg contains numerous nutrients and vitamins such as vitamins D, A and B to iron and protein, which are essential to a healthy and bouncy hair. This homemade egg hair mask will help to retain the luster and shine in your hair.
How to Make Egg Hair Mask
- 1 egg (for long and thick hair, use 2 eggs)
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Crack one egg into a bowl and beat the egg.
- Add olive oil and the coconut milk to the goosey egg mixture, and mix well.
- Add a squeeze of lemon to the mixture.
- Massage this mixture into scalp, working from the roots to the ends of your hair and let it stay on for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap, as you do not want drops of egg mixture everywhere.
- Rinse off the mixture with cold water.
- For oily hair, you should use egg whites for this recipe. For dry hair, use the egg yolk. For normal hair, use the whole egg.
- Don’t over-squeeze the lemon juice as it may give your scalp a burning sensation. Use the ratio 1:2 of lemon juice to egg yolk.
4. Homemade Strawberry Hair Mask
Strawberry is super rich in vitamin C, which is perfect for eliminating excess oil on the scalp and leave your hair a glossy shine.
How to Make Strawberry Hair Mask
- 8 – 10 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Blend all the ingredient to get the mixture.
- Spread directly the paste throughout damp hair and leave it on for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
5. Homemade Banana Hair Mask
Banana is one of the best fruits for beauty treatment. It is super high in vitamins, anti-oxidants, natural oils and potassium, which are effective in healing damaged hair and promoting healthy hair.
How to Make Banana Hair Mask
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mash the banana in a bowl until you get the smoothie.
- Add the honey and olive oil to your mixture and mix well.
- Spread the smoothie into your hair and let it sit on your scalp for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water to remove tiny banana pieces.